Tuesday 8 July 2014


Cleansing Conditioners are set to be the next big thing in beauty. It simply involves forgoing shampoo and just using conditioner to wash your hair. This method is great for curly/dry/fine hair as conditioner cleanses hair without drying or weighing it down. I really wanted to give this new trend a go so I've been testing out the new Grow Gorgeous 11 in 1 Cleansing Conditioner. In just one step it promises healthy hair that is instantly glossy and manageable and even healthier in the long run too.

Now, we've all probably tried 2 in 1 shampoos before, I was never very impressed. I'm testing out the original version but Grow Gorgeous also do one for coloured hair. The texture is creamy and feels like an exact mix between a shampoo and conditioner. It didn't lather up very much, this is due to the fact it has no sulphates or detergent. I massaged it onto my roots first then smoothed it down through the ends. You leave it on for 3-5 minutes before rinsing out. I make this the first thing I do when I get in the shower so I can do all the other cleaning bits and bobs whilst waiting.

I was really worried my hair just wouldn't feel clean but to my surprise, it was fine! My hair didn't feel super soft but it did feel clean and it was easy to brush through (my hair tangles easily). Once dried my hair doesn't feel weighed down and it looks nourished.

I can normally go 2-3 days without washing my hair but I found with using this cleansing conditioner I had to wash every other day. They do say over time your hair will need to be cleansed less, so I guess we'll see!

I love that you don't have to use a separate shampoo or conditioner - my showers are a lot quicker! This is gentle enough for daily use and suitable for all hair types. I'd definitely give other cleansing conditioners a go after liking this one. 

Would you try a cleansing conditioner? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment