Tuesday 24 June 2014

 la roche posay effaclar duo+ review

(You know it's time to review a product when you've cut it in half.) I suffer from spot scars quite badly especially around my chin and some stay around for months, which is so frustrating! I never tried the original Effaclar Duo but I was eager to try their new and improved version.

La Roche Posay understood these stubborn spot scars can become a source of anxiety and created a product to solve this problem. The red marks left on our skin are caused by inflammation and can take anything from 3 weeks to 3 years to fade.

What Effaclar Duo+ does differently from the original is that it targets blemishes at every stage of their life cycle and is suitable for the most sensitive skin. Not only does it target blemishes, clogged pores and excess sebum; it also eliminates acne marks from the moment they start to form.

This product claims to start working in just 24 hours. I did notice after the first couple of uses my scars were visibly less red. You can use it alone or use it with a moisturiser but I chose to use it by itself morning and night. The texture is really light-weight and absorbs quickly. It has an instant soothing effect on the skin which is lovely and refreshing. I really wanted to test this out properly before sharing my thoughts. After using this for 5 weeks I have noticed my spot scars have reduced and some have completely gone. Some stubborn marks are still there unfortunately. Using this hasn't prevented me from getting breakouts but any new blemishes that have appeared haven't scarred me.

Overall, I would repurchase this product. It's very moisturising, reduces pesky spot scares and leaves skin feeling smooth and hydrated!

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+* RRP �15.50 40ml. Available from Boots

Tagged: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment