Wednesday 18 June 2014

 

Two posts in one day? What is this madness.
Today I've got a make up tutorial inspired by the newest addition to my fragrance collection. I know, I know, I must stop buying perfume. CK One Red Edition is a provocative and seductive scent. It has an extremely addictive fresh and fruity fragrance making it perfect for everyday wear. The bottle comes in a clear glass which is topped with a red metallic cap and comes in a glossy red box. This is a very feminine fragrance without being overly girly. It feels quite grown-up and uplifting. Composed of white amber, sensual patchouli, juicy watermelon and violet leaves to create a vibrant, intensifying blend.

I wanted the make up to look fresh like the fragrance so I've opted for a medium coverage foundation and just blusher for the base. To keep in with the powerful, feminine feel of the scent I have gone for my signature winged liner look. And to celebrate it's name, Red, I've gone for a glossy red lip for maximum impact. I have also applied some blue liner to my lower lash line to incorporate the 'electric atmosphere' the scent creates. Read on to see how I achieved the look!

1. Apply a primer to keep your base in place all day. I used the Revlon Photoready primer as it gives your skin a flawless finish in photographs. Follow by applying your favourite foundation.
2. Conceal any blemishes you may have. I used Seventeen Phoawr Paint under my eyes and on my chin where I had some redness.
3. Because you'll be wearing a bold lip, you don't want the rest of your face looking washed out. Apply blusher to the apples of your cheeks for a healthy glow.
4. Next we're moving onto the eyes. I've filled in my brows with the Soap & Glory Archery Pen in Brownie to frame my face.
5. This look wouldn't be me without a feline flick. I've used the Seventeen Tattoo Me liner to create the winged liner. I find it best to start from the outer corner and work inwards. Go back and create a thicker line if desired. Always do the flick last and keep checking your whole face in the mirror to make sure both eyes are symmetrical!
6. Follow with lashings of mascara. I'm using the Alexa Chung Mascara for Eyeko.
7. Next, I'm using the Urban Decay Electric palette and taking the shade Chaos (bright blue) to line my lower lash line.
8. Lastly, time to get lippy. Apply red lipstick directly to your lips for an intense colour. I'm using L'oreal Colour Riche in the shade 461 which is a blue toned red. Layer on top some clear gloss to complete the look.

If you could create a make up look inspired by your favourite fragrance what would the look be? 

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment