Wednesday 25 June 2014

real technique makeup brush uses

I'm a Real Techniques convert. After reading so many rave reviews online I just had to get my hands on some. I bought mine from Boots but I've seen them in Tk Maxx and even Asda! I've been using the brushes for about 8 months now and I wanted to share with you what I use them for. They all have specific purposes but I've completely ignored what they were designed for and use them these ways...

Expert Face Brush
Created for blending liquid or cream foundation - which it's great for! I also find it handy for cream blusher as the firm bristles help to blend. The small size makes this a good brush for contouring too.
Pointed Foundation Brush
I don't really use flat brushes for foundation any more. I do save this for mousse foundations such as Rimmel Stay Matte however what I really love this for is solid concealer like Seventeen Phoawr Paint. You can really build up coverage with this brush. Perfect for dark circle gals like me.
Buffing Brush
This makes a lovely foundation brush, it's so easy to use and foundation looks so much better. The brush size is also nice for applying powder blusher. I don't often use powder but it's also perfect for that too.
Detailer Brush
Made to use with lipstick, I really love this for concealing small blemishes. When I've got a bit of time to spend doing my make up I get all Lisa Eldridge on my face and do some pin-point concealing.
Contour Brush
I never use this for contouring as I LOVE using this to blend liquid concealer. It allows to get full coverage and helps stop concealer creasing.

How do you use you RT brushes? Do you use them what they were designed for? 


Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment