Wednesday 30 July 2014


I've wanted to try liquid exfoliators for a while now. I spotted the Time Delay Daily Brightening Toning Water the other day and had to pick it up.  It claims to help exfoliate and gently tone skin which is what made me think this could be a dupe for the Clarins Exfoliating Toner. Time Delay isn't a brand I've tried before as it's mainly targeted towards older women and ageing skin.

The main difference between the two is that the Clarins Exfoliating Toner contains Tamarind fruit acids and the Time Delay Toner has Citrus acid in the ingredients. As I'm no skincare expert i'm not sure what the difference is but I believe this makes the Time Delay Toner more gentle than the Clarins one. It's recommended that you use the Clarins toner once or twice a week but you can use the Time Delay one daily. Both toners contain alcohol and Glycerin but I didn't experience any dryness from using the TD Toning Water.

I've been using the TD toner two times a day for the past two weeks and have noticed my skin is brighter and it's helped to even my skin tone out. I think this would be a great toner for those with dry or sensitive skin and it also helps to hydrate and refresh without leaving skin feeling tight.

This isn't as strong as something like P50 or Pixi Glow Tonic and doesn't pack as much oompf. However, this is a lovely, gentle exfoliating toner which helps to even out skin tone and brighten your complexion.

If you're worried about how your skin might react to the Clarins Exfoliating Toner gives this gentle one a go. Also, if you want to see what all the fuss is about chemical exfoliators try this budget version. 

The Time Delay Brightening Toning Water rrp �4.49 and currently on offer at �2.24 from Boots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment