Sunday 6 July 2014

Googling 'Do you really want a successful blog'? and I'm greeted with 134 million pages on how to get a successful blog, how to gain more followers, tips on making an income but no one is talking about the consequences of having a successful blog.

Having a successful blog is a great achievement and every bit deserved. But what is often forgotten is the overwhelming responsibility that comes with being a successful blogger.

With success comes hate, it's really awful that this is a given factor. I remember Sandra from TheBlackPearlBlog saying that after reaching the 1000 followers milestone she noticed she started to get horrible comments about her appearance. I guess with success brings jealousy. There are a few hugely popular bloggers that come to mind when talking about this topic. I know of a blogger/vlogger who has had viewers knocking on her door - isn't that crazy? When did bloggers become so big?

I try to put myself in their shoes and imagine how I would deal with being recognised daily, getting fan mail and having people obsessed with you. It honestly scares me and it's a level of success I don't think I'd be comfortable with. A lot of what I'm talking about does relate to Youtubers more than bloggers but these people often start off as bloggers.

Maybe blogging is generational? It's seems that writing a blog has become the norm; and if you're not writing a blog, no doubt you're reading them. What is clear is that the community is growing bigger every single day - are you ready for it?

Want do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment