Thursday 24 July 2014

lovebox festival
lovebox 2014 pictures
lovebox 2014 photos

At the weekend I attended my first ever city festival. I went up to London with my friend Megan to experience Lovebox. It wasn't a festival I was very familiar with before but I was given VIP tickets c/o Hawaiian Tropic and had a great day! 

It was so hot we spent most of the day searching for shade. In the afternoon my makeup had started to melt off so I headed to the Rimmel/ ELLE Fashion cupboard for a mini makeover and manicure. Naturally, I loved this section of the festival and got snapping! I wish every festival had this, would be perfect on day 3 after a couple of rough nights camping. On my nails I opted for 'PillowTalk' which a lovely pale, powdery blue shade. I also received a little sample of a new Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude foundation - review to follow!

I'd never been VIP to anything before but it was really cool to experience it. I had my crazy eyes on looking out for celebrities all day. The backstage area had a bohemian theme to it with colourful cushions and vintage-looking metal beds scattered around. There were a few cocktail bars and eating areas but nothing special I thought. I would go VIP again but not to a city festival, I don't think it would be worth the extra money.

For the festival I wore a 60's inspired white crochet dress from WalG* and layered on a cropped check shirt. I wore my new jelly shoes from Tk Maxx as they're super comfy but after all that dancing and walking about my feet were covered in blisters! Nothing a cup of tea and 14 hours sleep can't sort out. Also, can you tell this is my first OOTD by my awkward posing.

My highlights from the weekend had to be seeing Crystal Fighters and M.I.A who gave the crowd hundreds of glow sticks. Nothing like a little rave to end the festival. I did a mini vlog of Lovebox on Instagram here and here if you wanted to take a look!

Are you off to any festivals this year? Do you enjoy reading lifestyle posts?

Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment