Sunday 27 July 2014

UK beauty blog

I searched through 390 posts to see which one I was proudest of. It was really difficult to choose which one I was most proud of. I'm really happy with my content from the past two months because I've had more time to blog and really create content I'd want to read. However, for this post I had to take a little trip down memory lane.

I was tempted to go for my first ever post which I wrote on January 28th 2011. It was all about what eyeshadow suits different eye colours. This post really sets the foundation for my blog and the reason why I do it everyday. It's nice to see how far I've come in 3 years and what my blog is today. I simply want Make Me Up to be a place where you can come for a bit of beauty-related escapism. I also contemplated this post in which I wrote about my interview with Shout magazine as a proudest post. I'm still really grateful Shout wanted to interview me about my blog, I was 17 at the time and it was the coolest thing ever. Still have my copy somewhere safe. If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll remember when I launched 'Moonie' in 2012- a handmade, un-bleached muslin cloth. I decided to set up my own business and started to sell them via my blog. It started off really well but I struggled with how to take the products further than an online shop. I couldn't keep up with the work that came with running a business and life simply got in the way. I decided to gradually stop making Moonies but that's not to say they are gone forever..

Each one of these posts have helped shaped myself and my blog into what you're reading today. I'm proud of how far I've come in 3 years and I now look at those first ever posts I wrote with fondness, even if I'am covering my face with embarrassment.

My top 3 favourite posts to write this year include;
Ways To Re-Use Sh*t Beauty Products 
What's in My Dad's Wash Bag
How To Try Out New Beauty Trends On A Budget

Which post are you proudest of? Leave a link in the comments below! 

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment