Sunday 22 June 2014

 UK beauty blog

I tend to stay in my comfort zone when it come to all things beauty related. The other week I swapped my black eyeliner for navy blue which was pretty wild and crazy for me. You know when that's the most exciting thing you did that week you really need to get out more. So I thought it was time to break this beauty bubble I'm in. I'm going to give these scary beauty  buys a go. Who knows, I might end up enjoying it! I was also inspired by the lovely Zoe's post about her experience of trying make up items out of her comfort zone. Go give it a read here.

Urban Decay Electric Palette (review + swatches here)
Colourful eye shadow and I just don't really get along. I like to stick to my neutrals; I've never given bright eyes a chance. There is no denying this palette is beautiful. Seriously I can't stop looking at it. At first I thought I could save this for a music festival (Bestival in September YES!) or fancy dress but life is too short not to wear 5 different eye shadow shades to Tesco. Plus there are loads of really cool tutorials on YouTube for this palette!
Maybelline Brown Lipstick
Brown lipstick seems to be on trend right now. It's a staple with the likes of Kylie Jenner and Little Mix but it reminds me of that whole Spice Girls era of the 90's. Maybelline are really pushing the nude look right now. The Colour Sensationial Nudes is a 5 piece collection of creamy nudes suitable for all skin tones. I have the shade 728 Honey Beige which is a true brown shade, the kind of colour J Lo wore when she was still Jenny from the block. I'm determined to make this work. The lipstick formula is buttery and gives opaque coverage with just one swipe. Any tips for rocking a modern nude lip?
Percy And Reed Wonder Balm
We have primers for our face, even our eyelids so why not have a primer for your hair? This gel/cream is suppose to be used by applying to towl dried hair from root to tips. It claims to prep hair for styling and give it definition. However, all the looks I've seen created with this look really wet and almost greasy. I'm really unsure about trying this, I just don't think we are going to get on!  
Maybelline Baby Skin Primer
Silicone based primers make me shudder. Just the thought of applying them on my face makes me feel dirty. It just feels like it's blocking my pores and doing nothing good for my skin. I did spot Anna from Vivianna Does Make Up mention her love for this so maybe I should give this a go. Anyone tried this before?

What beauty products are you too scared to use? 

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment