Wednesday 16 November 2011

In my 'ask me anything' post I had a few requests to do some tutorials. The reason I don't do these often is that I basically don't think my make up is anything special! Everything I've learnt about make up is through youtube & books. Hope you like this tutorial & I have included some tips along the way! 


Read on to achieve this look! (Yes, it's a Wednesday. Yes, it's my day off. Yes, I'm wearing a dressing gown)

For me the skin is the most important thing, make sure you have got a good skincare routine before you start to invest in make up products. Because my skin is dry & dull at the moment I exfoliate and have a face mask a few times a week.


1. This look isn't about heavy coverage, opt for a natural coverage foundation like Collection 2000 colour match. My shade is fair 2. If you have any blemishes get out your favourite concealer. I used GOSH Click N' Conceal in Light 2,which is a good light reflecting concealer. Because it has a yellow tone it's ideal for covering blue dark circles. It wasn't enough to cover my awful eye bags so I went over that with my Collection 2000 lasting perfection.
2. Next I went on to highlight. I used the one that comes with Vivo's concealer palette (reviewed here) It has a pinky tone to it so perfect for fair skin. If you have dark skin go for a gold highlighter. Apply it to your cheekbones for a radiant look. 
3. My face is lacking in colour right now so a light dusting of GOSH giant sun powder on the apples of my cheeks makes my skin less pasty! This bronzer really is giant, defo check out next time your in Superdrug. Contour the face by applying bronzer to the temples and jawline. 
4. Onto the eyes; I lined my eyelid with a brown Kohl from Collection 2000. To make eyes appear larger, place a little bit of brown eyeliner in the centre of the lower lash line. I then put a smidge of Frontcover's Twinkling gold in the inner corners of my eyes. The mascara I used was Shu Uemura's defining mascara. 
5. I'm really loving false eyelashes at the moment. I don't wear them daily but occasionally at the weekend. For this look I choose Eylure 100. Which is a nice natural looking pair of falsies. Will be writing a post on false eyelashes shortly.
6. In the winter my lips need hydration, I am wearing Anatomical lip Balm which tastes like cherries! Lovely lip balm with SPF 15.


 What tutorial would you like to see next? Do you like these sort of posts? x

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment