Tuesday 22 November 2011

Why do adverts with women in them have to be sexy? Why can't they be clever or funny? Adverts are everywhere these days; at bus stops, on TV, in magazines and even on blogs. Flicking through some recent magazine issues, naming no names, Cosmo might not like that! I found some advert's to support my debate...

Marc Jacob's Advert has been banned in the UK because of the length of Dakota's dress, the perfume bottle positioning and how child like she looks.
 A topless Natalie Portman for Dior


Nivea body moisturiser ad

Batiste ' I'm at it three times a week'....

Maybe I'm just over looking things. But I do worry these advert's influence young girls. When I pick up my 12 year old sister from school some of her class mates look so much older then they really are! 


My friend Alice, who might not be too happy that i'm sharing this - sorry Alice! But she wrote a really interesting post on the Sexualisation of women in Media here. Definitely worth a read! 


Is it okay to show a bit of boob in order to sell a product?

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment