Monday 30 June 2014


When I was asked to review a revolutionary new type of foundation which is far more superior to any BB or CC cream, as a beauty junkie how could I say no? Even more so when I found out it was �45, I wanted to see if it was worth the high price tag.

Oxygenetix is described as the worlds most breathable foundation. It was first launched in Hollywood and makes it ways over to the UK this year. It was originally developed to heal and conceal skin after cosmetic surgery but it has become a firm favourite with leading makeup artists because of it's real skincare benefits.

What They Say
Oxygenetix claims to provide a flawless finish and it's oxygen-enriched formula allows skin to breathe more than any other foundation. It doesn't smudge, water-resistant, doesn't clog pores and camouflages surgical scars and third degree burns. The prime ingredient in the product which helps to deliver all these outstanding claims is Ceravitae a super charged oxygen complex that promotes collagen cell production and connective tissue growth in ageing and wounded skin. Sounds pretty impressive, right?

My Thoughts
I chose the colour Ivory which is the second lightest. It is very yellow toned and probably not quite right for my skintone but it's very hard to tell without seeing the shades first. I applied it using a flat foundation brush for maximum coverage but was left quite disappointed. As it claimed to hide third degree burns I thought it would have no problem concealing my blemishes and dark circles but the coverage was very light. Even after building it up I still need to use concealer and the coverage wasn't impressing me. However, there is a knack to apply this. In order to gain medium/full coverage you have to pat the foundation on either with a sponge or your fingers. I found Oxygenetix did cover my dark circles after applying 3-4 light layers. The texture is very gentle and light-weight on skin and doesn't look cakey. The finish is semi-matte and lasts around 8 hours.

Overall, Oxygenetix does offer full/medium coverage, I can't comment on it's healing properties. I'm not happy that you only get 15ml of product considering it's such an expensive item and you do have to use quite a lot by layering on the foundation. If you need a healing foundation post procedure and didn't mind the price tag this may be a good option for you.

Oxygenetix Foundation* RRP �45 and is available to buy online here. Available in 14 different shades. 

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment