Thursday 29 May 2014


Maybelline foundation and I have had a on/off relationship for years. When I first discovered make up, Dream Matte Mousse was one of the first foundations I tried. At the time I loved it but looking back at it now the colour was way to orange and the texture was weird and often looked cakey. However, will Maybelline's newest foundation launch change my opinion of the brand?

Better Skin claims to improve your skin tone in just 3 weeks. It's designed to transform dull, uneven skin leaving you with hydrated, flawless, glowing skin with it's vitamin enriched formula.

The foundation comes in 8 shades, so not a great range of colours. I've been using 'Nude 021' which is the second lightest and is a little too dark for me. I've been applying this with my Real Techniques Expert face brush which seems to be the best way to use it. I'm impressed with the overall coverage of this. It helps to even out my skin tone and conceals small blemishes. It's doesn't do a great deal for dark circles and I still need to use concealer. When applying it you can definitely feel it's an hydrating foundation, I think this would be best for those with normal/dry skin. It's difficult to say if it has cleared my skin up. My skin has been good lately but that may be as a result of some new skincare products I've been using.

Not a bad highstreet foundation. This blends really nicely and has good coverage. I'm always sceptical about foundation claims and I'm still on the fence about the 'better skin' claim. Like most highstreet foundations, the shade range is poor. I love that it has spf 20 so i'll be using this in the summer. It's vitamin enriched formula does appeal to me and might be good for you if you find foundations tend to break you out. 

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation �8.99 30ml available at Superdrug/Boots 

Tagged: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment