Sunday 11 May 2014



The beauty world seems to be going lip balm mad right now. Since the huge success of Maybelline Baby Lips other brands are jumping of the band wagon. Collection are launching their own range of lip balms this summer(review up soon), Benefit are also set to launch a lip balm and Burt's Bees are extending their iconic lip care range. I've been lucky enough to have been sent  some of the newest additions to the Burt's Bees range.

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in 'Hibiscus' �5.99
I love a good lip balm and this new one is going in my good books. 'Hibiscus' offers a generous amount of colour, more then you would usually get from a tinted lip balm. The smooth formula helps to hydrate lips and the subtle glossy finish makes lips appear fuller.
Burt's Bees Lip Gloss �8.99
Lip gloss often gets a bad rep. It's normally associated with cheap magazine freebies, adult movies and Paris Hilton (three of life's deadly sins). I can confirm I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed wearing this. Available in 12 pearlized colours, these lip glosses are non-sticky and the natural oil formulation nourishes lips leaving them soft and shiny. However, I don't think this deserves to be the priciest product out of the bunch.
Burt's Bees Lip Shine in 'Whisper' �6.99
I didn't think I'd be a Lip Shine kinda girl but this has turned out to be my favourite out of the lot! Enriched with apricot waxes this glides smoothly over lips leaving a glassy sheen. My favourite way to use this is as a super shiny topcoat over a nude lipstick for a Bratz doll-esque pout
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in 'Peony' �5.99
This lip balm has a hint of mint which I love. The subtle shimmer creates the illusion of fuller lips and looks great layered over your favourite lipstick. The Shea butter and antioxidant enriched fruit oils help to lovingly nourish and soften lips. In term of taking care of your lips, this definitely works best out of the four.

So you've decided which one you'd like to try out but how do you know what shade to go for? Luckily, Burt's Bees have created an online Lip Shade Finder which consists of a few questions about your appearance and find the shades that would suit you best - why doesn't every brand do this?! 

Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment