Wednesday 14 September 2011

I have tried everything - from teabags to teaspoons. Dark circles can so be depressing, and it's not a good look. I used to trawl the internet for cures and miracle products. I'm not 100% sure why I get them, but I think it might be heredity and I get hayfever to which probably adds to it. Even with 12 hours sleep they will still be there in the morning. 


So, I decided to hunt for the ultimate concealer. I tried and tested a whole range of products, which I really wanted to share with you. I understand that dark circles can knock your confidence so I really wanted to write this post. Even if this just helps one person, I wish I had read this 5 years ago! 


Natural Collection Cover-up Cream in Fair �1.99 2.5/5 
This is a great concealer if your on a budget. The coverage is light-medium & it covers up faint blemishes. I also found I needed to touch up during the day, It doesn't come in many shades too. But this concealer wont break the bank.


Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light 2 �4.19 3/5
I was a bit annoyed when the text rubbed of the packaging only after a few uses. I apply this using the wand to my dark circles, then leave it on for about 30 seconds, then dab it in with either my fingers or a cosmetic sponge. The coverage is medium & I found it had a sort of 'orangey' tint to the product; this would be good if your dark circles are blue. Blends nicely, would recommend if your blemishes aren't to bad. 
I've also tried the Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch concealer (�4.99), The coverage was lighter and it had a pink under tone. It would probably be quite nice on top of the Lasting Perfection. But I wouldn't buy it again.


 
Eyeko Touch and Go Concealer �5.00 0/5
I brought this a few years ago when it was new to Superdrug. The range looked nice so I decided to give their concealer a go. So disappointed. They only had one shade, which was a really unflattering dark orange colour. Didn't cover anything. Wouldn't recommend this product. The first and only thing I have tried of Eyeko's. 


Vivo Ultimate Base Concealer Kit �5 3/5 
New cosmetic brand exculsivliy to Tesco. I was given the oppitunity to try a few things from the range. With the palette you receive 2 different concealer shades, a setting powder,a highligher, doubled ended brush & a mirror. I would say the coverage is light-medium as it slightly covered my dark circles. This palette would suit you if you had fairly good skin anyway. I like the fact it comes with a powder, and the highlighter is a really nice products. Not bad value for money.


Keromask Camouflage Cream in No. 5 �14.99 6/5 (yes it's that good)
Wow. This product is amazing. I have been searching for that perfect concealer for years, and now my search has ended. Beautifully packaged products & good range of colours. Keromask comes in a 24 different shades. I opted for No.5, it's really difficult to choose the right colour for your skintone online & unfortunately the one I choose is too light for me! However, you can buy a sample kit which comes with mini versions of the product's for just �4.99. When I first applied it, I placed some on the back of my hand & then used a cosmetic sponge to dab under my eyes. The Coverage is full & a little bit goes a long way. I used the Mineral Rich Finishing Powder in Light (15.99) to set the cream. I don't rate the powder much, didn't really make the product last longer. Anyway I could ramble on about Keromask for ages. Check them out for yourself on their website - http://www.keromask.com/ 


Sorry for the unflattering eye shots, I don't really like my eyes! But for the purpose of blogging & reviewing it is a must :) Hope this helped someone. As always comments and feedback is always welcomed x

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment