Sunday 18 August 2013


I like buying beauty products, it's a bit of an unhealthy addiction really. Most days i have a 'go hard or go home' approach to beauty - primer,foundation, highlighter,multiple concealers, two mascaras, blusher,bronzer oh and all the brushes! Sounds awful, but i weirdly look forward to doing my full routine! However some days beauty isn't fun and I just go back to basics.

Sometimes, beauty is boring. I don't buy deodorant based on it's fancy packaging, i buy it because i need to and probs wouldn't have any friend if i didn't. Toothpaste and mouthwash are monthly re-purchases for me but they don't get my heart racing like a new foundation (omg have you seen the new Bourjois Happy Light foundation?!). I wanted to share with you my beauty essentials - ok, so they aren't very exciting but these products DO work and i reach for them (nearly) every day. 

Oral B Precision Clean Brush Heads x4
I invested in an electric toothbrush this year and i haven't looked back since. I much prefer using this now to manual brushes, these do make your teeth feel so much cleaner. I pick up my brush heads from Amazon as they are a lot cheaper online then in shops. 
Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat
With a new colour on my nails each week they need protecting with a base coat to prevent staining. I picked up this one from Revlon recently because it dries quickly and has a nice thin brush. 
Wilko Cotton Buds x 300
I've blogged about these before, 39p for 300 in the Wilkinson baby section - can't go wrong with that!
Listerine Stay White Mouthwash
I never really used to use mouthwash but i'm trying to up my teeth cleaning routine. Stay White from Listerine does what it says on the tin. My teeth get white spots on them after using this so it must be doing something!
Mitchum Advanced Control Roll-on
My current deodrant of choice which works fine for me. I have no favourite when it comes to anti-perpsriant, but i want to try the Sure one that you put on before bed next. 
Boots Clean Off Nail Polish Remover 
The.Best.Nail.Polish.Remover.Ever. Seriously, this stuff is good & it's so in-expensive. 
Lidl Cotton Pads x120
I'm not fussy when it comes to cotton pads, i don't care if they are quilted, double faced or made from natural fibres hand-picked by fairies- i just use them to pour on toner so i don't want anything fancy. I have no idea if they are any better or worse than other brands but they do the job nicely. 

What are your everyday essentials? 

Tagged: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment