Tuesday 6 August 2013

Stuck for where to store your nail polish? So was I. Make up/nail varnish/beauty product storage is my little obsession. I love browsing through Pinterest at how others store their cosmetics & also homeware posts are my favourite to read at the minute. I've been a bit carried away with buying nail polish lately, someone stop me! I needed a new place to store my nail polishes neatly and I found this old cabinet in our house. I knew this would make a perfect nail polish wardrobe but it didn't look very pretty so i had a search through the garden shed for some bits. Here's a tutorial on how to create your own nail polish display!
1. Find yourself an old cabinet, you can pick one up from a charity shop, car boot or maybe you have an old one at home. 
2. You will need; Gloss paint. Go for gloss finish over matte as this wont flake off, i went for white but you can choose any colour you fancy. White spirit to clean your brush with. Lastly an old rag to dust the cabinet with.
3. If you can separete the cabinet peices, this will make it easier to paint. Lay it on some newspaper before painting. 
4. Use a smaller brush when painting near glass to make it easier. Gloss take a few hours to dry so put the kettle on and catch up with your favourite blogs!
5. To decorate the background i ripped up a Cath Kidson catalogue and glued it to create a patterned college.
Ta-da! This would look really nice with lipsticks in too. Let me know if you decide to give it a go, would love to know how you store your beauty bits!


Tagged: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment