Saturday 3 August 2013

I've been trying some Eyeko London products lately and i wanted to share with you how i got on. I've not tried anything from the brand since their re-launch in 2011. I know the re-brand didn't go down well with some because they increased prices as they moved from Superdrug to Harvey Nichols. I must admit i prefer the newer, high-end packaging to the old cute anime look the brand had. 
I tested out the mascaras first. I LOVE the tube packaging they all come in, why don't all brands do this? It reduces waste and stops the mascara from drying out. Out of the three i tested (curvy,black magic & skinny) my favourite had to be Black Magic �18 (pictured above). The brush has a gentle curve to it which helps to curl lashes, the brush is quite big but not too big. The soft bristles separate lashes easily and the colour is jet black. 
Eyeko Skinny Mini Brush Mascara �15 (closest) has a long thin brush. The wand doesn't get much excess mascara on it, leaving lashes clump-free. I found this added length to my lashes but i prefer them to look a little thicker. The Eyeko Curvy Brush mascara �15 was the only product i didn't get on very well with. The unique ball-like brush made it tricky to coat each lash, i found it didn't give me a lot of control.

Each mascara uses a unique conditioning formula which blends Keratin and Shea Butter for long-lasting lashes but at the same time is still easy to remove. I found with all the mascaras i tried, they didn't flake or crumble. I really like the cute guitar pick that comes with each mascara, a little unnecessary some may say but i end up with mascara everywhere - eyelid, nose, cheek, elbow... so by using this as a shield for my eyelids has really helped! 
Brow Gel is a must-have product for me. I need it to keep my unruly eyebrows in place! This is a good one because the brush is quite small and the gel is tinted, which helps to define brows. The only thing with this is that you have to scrape off excess before applying because you do get a lot on the brush. The has become a daily essential for me but the �18 price tag really puts me off!
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner �10, one of Eyeko's best products. Alexa Chung uses this eyeliner to get her signature cat eye look. The flexible felt-tip nib makes this really easy to use. I have the shade Black which is a true jet back, it also comes in brown, blue, olive and purple.

Overall, Eyeko has impressed me. My top picks would be the Black Magic mascara and the Skinny Liquid liner. Eyeko isn't particularly cheap but the products are good quality. Have you tried anything from Eyeko before, how did you get on?

You can purchase Eyeko from Harvey Nichols, ASOS and the Eyeko website. 


Tagged: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment