Tuesday 26 June 2012

Hello lovelies :) Today, i am going to show you a how to do a unicorn, sometimes called rope, braid. It's so simple & easy to do & it's suppose to be the new 'fishtail'. I wore this look to my friends birthday meal yesterday & it's quickly become a favourite hairstyle of mine. My hair inspiration for the look below came from this photo of Elizabeth Olsen, i LOVE her hair!

I am so bad when it comes to complicated hair styles, i haven't the foggiest how to do a french plait. The unicorn braid is extremely easy to do and only takes a few minutes. It's called a unicorn braid basically because it looks like a unicorn's horn! Unlike the traditional braid, you use two strands of hair instead of three. Here's how i did it...
  1. Gather your hair into a side ponytail and split into two strands. I used the Denman Dressing Out brush to section my hair into a side parting.
  2. With the two pieces of hair, twist them around each other, slightly twisting them individually at the same time.
  3. You'll begin to see a rope like braid starting to form. Secure the end with a hair bobble.
  4. Pull out a few strand to make the hairstyle look less perfect.
  5. Pin any flyaways and apply a light coating of hairspray.
  6. Lastly I used my Denman Dressing Out brush to add a bit of volume to the roots.
Products used
Hair pins from Sallys, hair bobble from Primark, styling brush from Denman, dressing out brush from Denman Mark Hill Big Night Out hair spray.

Let me know if you try out the unicorn braid. It's so easy - there's no excuse! I have a few more hair tutorials planned so leave a comment below or tell me on twitter @kiamakemeup what you'd like to see! Hope you all had a good weekend x

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment