Thursday 21 June 2012

Another foundation review as part of my #projectfoundation series. It was suppose to just take place during May but i underestimated how busy i would be last month, sorry! As you can tell from the title i am reviewing Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. I own mainly high street foundations but i bought this as a little treat and to use on special occasions!

What Estee Lauder say about their foundation...

For a look that stays vibrant and fresh whether it's a workday, a workout or a weekend. Smooth it on once and don't think twice about it.
Est�e Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10
15-hour wear, light as air�long-wear makeup is now lightweight makeup.
Makeup That Keeps Up
  • Fresh, natural, comfortable.
  • Goes on sheer, leaves skin free to breathe all day.
  • Controls oil.
  • Resists smudging and won't "melt" off through heat and humidity.
What I say about the foundation...

I really like the packaging of this product, it comes in a squeezy tube making it easy to dispense and less likely to waste product. I've used Double Wear before & i felt that was a bit to matte for my liking. However this foundation has a more natural matte finish. I do use a translucent powder on my t-zone just to avoid any shine. It also has a medium coverage, i still needed to conceal my dark circles and the odd blemish. It doesn't feel too greasy or drying, i think this would be great for those with normal/oily skin but possible not for those with dry. It contains SPF 10 which is always a bonus! My favourite thing about Estee Lauder DWL & the only thing that justify's the hefty price tag is how long wearing it is. I wore this a few weeks ago on a scorching hot day to test out how it lasted in warm weather & it was excellent. All day, it didn't budge, it didn't melt and it stayed in place perfectly. This will stay on for around 10 hours, possibly longer but i haven't worn it over 10 hours!

If you looking for a long lasting foundation, i would definitely recommend this one. This retails at �28.50 for 30ml and is available at Estee Lauder counters or you can but it online from Estee Lauder website here. There are just six shades and they are categorised into intensities. I have Intensity 1.0 which is a good match for me. 


*UPDATED MAY 2014: Estee Lauder have now added four new shades this foundation, yay!*

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment