Saturday 12 October 2013



Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener �9.99
I was expecting not to like this very much but anything claiming to brighten tired eyes? I'm on that. This is marketed as a brigthener and a primer. Pop it under your eyes to help conceal darkness or place on lids before applying eyeshadow. The consistency of this light and easy to blend so won't feel cakey or crease. I have the shade 003 and as you can tell from the swatches it is very pink. This makes it great for blue-ish dark circles but i feel you need to layer it with a normal concealer or foundation on top. I like this as a primer too as it does help eyeshadow stay on longer. The only downside to this is the price, a little steep for Revlon! 
Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Under Eye Concealer �5.49
A new product from Seventeen and possibly the first concealer pot from a highstreet brand? I'd heard so many good things about the Bobbi Brown concealer i couldn't wait to give this cheaper dupe a go. I went for the lighter shade which looks dark in the compact but blended nicely once on the skin. I use my ring finger to apply this and it covers my dark circles reasonably well. As i have particularly bad dark cirles i pop Collection Illuminating Touch concealer on top of this. I would suggest useing an eye cream before applying this to avoid it going cakey. 
Collection Lasting Perfection �4.19
How could i write a post on highstreet concealers and not mention this? I don't want to say to much about this as i feel everyone and their mum has already tried this but i like it, a lot. I think i'll go on re-purchasing this because of the price, the shades, the availabilty and more importantly the coverage. Two layers of this over blemishes and dark circles and i'm good to go. 
Collection Illuminating Touch �4.99
I've always wanted to try the iconic Touche Eclat but i've been eschewing it as it's way out of my budget. I opted to try this as a cheaper alternative. The consistency of this is quite thick, however it is thinner than the Lasting Perfection concealer and easier to blend. This is marketed as an illuminating concealer but i have to say it's not that illuminating. However i do like using this but may try the L'oreal Lumi Magique one next to see how it compares. 
Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer 10ml �7.99
I like the Healthy Mix foundation so i thought i'd give this a go. This provides medium coverage and slightly brightens without being overly shimmery. It can feel a little powedery after applying so i would avoid this if you suffer from very dry skin. I have shade 51 which is a good match for my pale skin. I like using this under my eyes or on any red blemishes. 
Maybelliene Fit Me �5.99
I picked up the lightest shade which is still  to dark for me so i'm saving this for the summer. This medium coverage concealer has an almost gel like texture which blends easily to a natural finish. I only use this under eyes as it helps to brighten tired skin and conceals them well. 

What are your concealer favourites? On my wishlist is the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, Seventeen Staytime and L'oreal Lumi Magique - let me know if you've tried them!

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment