Tuesday 1 October 2013

left to right 
Real Techniques Starter Kit
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Seventeen Phwoar Paint Undereye Concealer (Fair)
No7 Precision Lip Liner (Blush)
Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick (shocking coral 910)

I bought some beauty bits from Boots last month and now i'm going to tell you what i think of this stuff.

Real Techniques Starter Kit �21.99
I did it, i popped my RT cherry. The starter kit contains five 'base' brushes. My favourite part of doing my make up is getting the base right so this set was ideal for me. I'd heard so many bloggers rave about the buffing brush, can't wait to give these a go. Do let me know what you use your RT brushes for if you have this set!
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush �9.99
Ok, so i have used this one and i like it! The bristles are super soft, i like that you can stand it up and the design looks professional. I probably wont be reveiwing my new make up brushes as there are 8493820+ great reviews already out there.
Seventeen Phwoar Paint Under eye Concealer (Fair) �5.99
I'm always on the hunt for a good under eye concealer and this one from Seventeen looked quite unique. You don't see many pressed concealers on the highstreet but some bloggers have compared this to Benefit's Erase Paste. I've used it a couple of times now and it's good at concealing dark circles but i still like to layer an illuminating concealer on top. I'll have some swatches of this and more highstreet concealers in an upcoming post. 
No7 Precision Lip Liner (Blush) �6.75
This was a re-purchase for me as i lost my last one on a night out! The No7 lip liners have a creamy formula which allows for easy, smooth application. I love this subtle red shade and i use the shade 'nude' if i'm wearing heavy eye make up. 
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick (shocking coral 910) �7.19
I'm a huge fan of the Maybelline 24 hours SuperStay Lipsticks but this is my first Color Sensational purchase. 'Shocking Coral' is a bright pink with a hint of coral, sort of a muted neon pink. This has a slight glossy finish but dries to a matte after an hour. It's definitely one for those brave bright lipstick wearers! 

If you would like a review of any of the products mentioned above, please let me know :) What have you been buying this month?


Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment