Sunday 6 May 2012

The beginning of May see's the start of my blog project foundation! If your not sure what it is read about it here. I have chosen the four foundations & will reveal each one as we go along! Thank you for all your suggestions :) & surprisingly no MAC foundation requests? I had a good mixture of foundation suggestions to choose from but they were mainly highstreet - we all love a bargain! So i've decided to start with the cheapest foundation. This is the newest foundation from Collection 2000 & it's just �2.99!

What Collection 2000 says about this - 
Designed to combat the effects of oily or combination skin, this fabulous new product gives you the perfect base to stay looking totally gorgeous all day long.
Contains grape extract, one of the skin's secret weapons in the battle against wrinkles, protecting against those fine lines that build up over time.
What I have to say - 
Now, Collection 2000 are suggesting this is a new foundation but I'm pretty sure it's a developed version of their old Natural Matte foundation. As you can see from the photo below it says on the back 'New Improved Formulation'. So I think it is, do let me know if you know!
I didn't have really high hopes for this foundation as it's just �2.99 however part of me thought it was going to be really good as Collection 2000 have launched some very good products lately - like the Lasting Perfection concealer & the Cream Puffs. 

With faith in the brand, I swatched the two shades next to each to see what they were like. Instantly I felt a bit let down when shades appeared far too dark for my pale skin. The formula was quite thick and had a matte finish. The coverage is light - medium. 

I have the two lightest shades - Ivory 1 and Blonde 2. Ivory is photographed on the left. Don't you think the lightest shade Ivory, looks darker then the next shade Blonde? Ivory is a pinky toned colour where as Blonde has more of a yellow/orange base.

 With and without flash.
 Unfortunately the shades are too dark for me, I didn't even want to use it on my face as i knew it would look ridiculous and I'd definitely have a gravy line!

PROS

  • Price
  • Packaging, come in a squeezy tube meaning less waste
  • UVA & UVB protection
  • Fragrance Free
CONS
  • Shades, this is the only fault with this product but it's quite a big one! I think the colour range is too dark for most British complexions.
Overall
Good price and easily available. The foundation comes in 6 shades which are all quite dark. However this would be good if your heading off on holiday - you'll want your make up to be matte & you might have a tan! Might be worth checking out this product if you have oily/combination skin and a dark skintone. It's �2.99 for 35ml and available form Boots or Superdrug.  


What do you think of this new foundation from Collection 2000?

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment