Monday 11 July 2011

I have tried a lot of different brands, from Estee Lauder to Natural Collection. I love them both for different reasons. With the current recession going on, we are not splurging as much on luxury brands. I have seen a rise in affordable make up brands such as MUA, 2true and primarks own range. This leads me to question, Are we paying for the product or just the name? 


Searching through my endless pit of beauty products I come across some similar nail varnishes. 

spot the difference?

Asda's range of nail varnishes Vs Boot's No7

These bottle are completely identically, apart from the lettering. If you took away the writing you think they are from the same company.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were made in the same factory.



I know a chanel foundation is going to be better than a natural collection one - I would hope so if there was a 30 pound price difference! But more than 
often we just buy products because of the label. Same goes with clothes, 
your not buying those jack wills pants because the material is any different 
to normal pants from supermarkets or the high street .

both products need two coats. Sorry for the poor quality of this image!

They are the same in size, the same shape, the same quality - the only difference I can see is the price. 
So I want you to ask your self next time your shopping and you consider buying that expensive label; 
what are you really paying that much for,the product or the brand? 


Let me know what your views are on this topic, I encourage you to go raid your make up bag and look for
similar packaging of different makes. You may just be surprised!

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment