Monday 4 August 2014

Last month I took on the challenge to blog every single day. I've never attempted to do anything like it before, I normally post about 9-13 times a month. I wanted to prove to myself I could do it and find out just how hard it would be.
Fast forward 30 days and I survived it! I now have a new found respect for daily bloggers and hope to continue blogging once a day throughout August. I picked up some tips along the way which you might find helpful if you're also wanting to blog everyday. 

1.Take your photos in bulk. My day off is usually on a Sunday so I grab all the products that are going to be featured on the blog soon and get snapping. 
2. Use Pinterest to pin the posts you have loved reading and look back on them when you need some inspiration. 
3. Keep a little notebook with you and write down any post ideas. Getting a notebook has been the best thing for my blog. 
4. Plan your posts for the week. I have a dairy where I plan the majority of my posts for the upcoming week. Some days I leave blank so I have the freedom to write about something spontaneous. 
5. Have 2-3 backup posts for days when you've forgotten to create any content or if you're stuck for what to write about that day. I have a couple of product reviews in drafts which I can publish whenever I need to.
6. Read blogs/magazines/books for inspiration. I spend about an hour each evening reading my favourite blogs and websites and writing down any blog post ideas. 
7. If you're unsure what to write about I wrote a list of 22 blog post ideas which may help. 
8. If like me you work as well as blog you might find scheduling your posts useful. 
9. Don't forget you can schedule tweets too. I rarely do this but when I do I'll use Hootsuite. 
10. When there is no wi-fi or 3G keep a notebook on hand so you can write blog posts. I'll write up whole posts on the train or on my lunch break and type them up on blogger when I get home. 
11. Switch up what you write about. Talking about beauty everyday can get a little boring so throw in some lifestyle or fashion posts! 
12. Be extra organised and plan a month in advance. You don't have to plan every post but jot down a few ideas for next month.
13. Stress can be good as it keeps you on your toes but don't put pressure on yourself to write everyday. It isn't doable for everyone so try it for a month and see how you get on. 
14. Having a blogging timetable helps to fill the week with content. Tuesdays could be review days and Fridays could be saved for tutorials. 
15. Create a series so you have something regular to write about each week. My series is called #BeautyDebate which I post about every Sunday. 

I hope you found these blogging tips helpful. I'd love to know if you've tried blogging everyday and what your tips are! 

Other blogging tip posts you might find helpful:
22 Blog Post Ideas
Blogging Tips For New Bloggers

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment