Monday 22 July 2013


Ramblings of a Beauty Bird is a beauty blog filled to the brim with make up and skincare with a nod towards fashion. This month I interviewed 26 year old Sasha on double cleansing and how she's coping in this heatwave we are having!

What made you start blogging?
I started blogging so I could indulge in my love of all things beautilicious! I wanted to have my own little corner of the internet so I could share my honest opinions on beauty products with others - if I've helped just one person make a decision about a product I've reviewed on my blog, that's a pretty great achievement for me! I also just love writing in general - English was always my favourite subject at school.

Highstreet or highend make up?
A bit of both! I tend to splurge a bit more on primer, foundation and powder - basically anything that I apply all over my face! This is because I'm quite fussy about ingredients that could block my pores, so I tend to go for mineral options, which seem to be more expensive. I always go for high street nail varnish as I can't bring myself to spend more than �10.00 on a single nail varnish, but with everything else I'm a bit of a mixture. 

What beauty products are you loving this summer?
Because of the crazily hot weather recently I've gone back to basics. I've been loving Liz Earle's Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer to refresh and hydrate my face through the day and Maybelline Baby Lips to keep my lips hydrated, plus it contains SPF 20. I've been keeping shine at bay with Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets, which I highly recommend. I'm also loving summery nails - Models Own Fruit Pastel Collection and Essie Bottle Service from the new 2013 Neon Collection are gorgeous!

Best beauty tip you've heard?
For skincare, I'd definitely say double cleansing - the first cleanse removes dirt and makeup, so the second cleanse really gets into your pores. For makeup, one of my favourites is to apply a brightening eye cream or primer (I use Benefit That Gal) before applying concealer.

Top three blogs we should be reading?
Ooh that's really hard! But three blogs I love and read regularly are Makeup Pixi3 (http://makeup-pixi3.com/), We Were Raised by Werewolves (http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/) and A Scottish Lass (http://ascottishlass.net/).

Thank you to the lovely Sasha for taking part in this months Blogger Spotlight! Make sure you have a little look at her blog, I love reading her posts! x

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment