Friday 7 June 2013

Here in the UK it feels like summer is long overdue. I just want to ditch the heavy foundations and jumpers and embrace the sunshine. My usual winter/spring beauty products just won't work as well in the warmer months - make up gets all melting, hair gets oily and skin gets frazzled.
Summer primping poses some serious issues for me; hello sweaty, frizzy, greasy Kia. Luckily, the brains behind my favourite beauty brands have bought out an array of shiny new goodies for us. Here are a few summer beauty picks i wanted to share with you so we can all avoid looking like a hot mess.
 



Lauren's Way Mini Medium Lotion Kit �19.95 (link)
I was a bit spectical about trying this, but i put my inner beauty snob to one side and tested Lauren Goodger's range. Celebrity collabs can be a bit hit & miss; Alexandra Burke for MUA - hit, Mylenne Klass nail wraps - miss. I was pleasantly surprised using these products. They came in a mini travel kit which is perfect for testing out the products if your a newbie. The colour looks even once applied with a mitt and i even got a few compliments! It doesn't look orange or patchy at all and is a close favourite after my beloved Xen-Tan. I much prefer the body spray to the lotion, and they smell citrusy! 
Wella Hair Oil 100ml �10.95 (link)
I do love a good hair oil, this is my current go to one. Firstly, I love the big glass bottle it comes in, i only use 2-3 pumps at a time so this will last ages. This oil contains ingredients such as macadamia seed oil, avocado oil and Vitamin E. All these work together to leave my thick hair looking glossy & helps smooth frizzy ends. This has a really gorgeous sweet scent to it, it's just so luxurious to use!
Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo & Conditioner �18.50 & �20.00(link)
I've never tried anything from Bumble before, not even their infamous salt spray! I love getting beachy waves after taking a dip in the sea and the idea of re-creating this at home sounded right up my street! These hair products have a faint ocean scent and lather up nicely when applied. Bumble recommend you let you hair dry naturally in the sun (wind if you're living in the UK) which i normally like to do anyway. I found it did help to enhance my waves and left my hair feeling super soft. I was really worried it would leave my hair feeling dry but it didn't at all. The only downside to these is the hefty price tag. 
Especially Escada Elixir EDP �48 50ml (link)
If you like rose scented fragrances you'll love this. This is the latest release from Escada & i've been wearing it for about a month now - it makes the perfect summer evening scent. The rose isn't too strong, it has a delicate pink rose scent with note of vanilla.
KIKO Glow Touch in 04 Pleasant Pink Azalea �5.90 (link)
I use this on my lips and cheeks for a subtle wash of pink. It looks quite scary in the tin but it doesn't apply that bright! This smells A-MAZ-ING, i want to use it all the time! On the cheeks it gives a post work-out healthy glow which is normally really hard to achieve with make up. 
SP Sun UV Spray �11.95 (link)
It doesn't happen all that often but when it does it's just as important to protect your hair from the suns rays. This is also perfect for holidays as it's water resistant and doesn't leave hair feeling greasy. SP also do a shampoo & conditioner is this range which i recommend too!
KIKO Essential Bronzer in 201 Sienna Melange �15.90 (link)
What a hunk of a bronzer, it's a hefty 20 grams so will last all summer. The pigmentation on this is brilliant but you have to be quite light handed otherwise you end up with too much on your brush. Like the KIKO glow touch this smells like chocolate/vanilla - SO GOOD!

So that's my summer beauty sorted, anything caught your eye?

The best bit of blogging for me is talking to other bloggers & reading your comments (i read every one!) Thank you to everyone who read or commented on my latest beauty haul post. I few mentioned they wanted to see some product reviews so i'll try my best - here's a review of the Bumble & Bumble surf products are requested by Harriet. Beauty Bird, Alice & Sarah i'm in the process of writing your product reviews!

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment