Monday 24 June 2013

 photo hair_zpsa377444a.jpg
I've been stalking following Laura's blog for nearly a year now and it's quickly become one of my favourites. If you've not come across Tiny Twisst before - cue serious hair envy. Keep reading to find out Laura's go to make up products and her most memorable fashion faux pas....

What's the story behind your blog name?
Tiny is because of a few minor things, mainly because the word tiny always reminds me of the first day I started School - it's a long story, so we won't go into that. When I first started my blog I loved the band Metric and their song The Twist - so that explains the 'twist' part, I added an extra 'S' because I'm a Graphic Designer and we like our text to look nice - I thought two S's together would look better. Hey-presto!
What's your daily makeup routine?
My daily makeup routine is really simple, I'm usually in a rush so it's quick and easy. A light layer of foundation and powder, a brush of mascara and a rose blusher. I do like to wear a stronger brow with a simple look though - it feels more finished off that way. Sometimes if I have more time I'll either add some winged eyeliner or some brown matte shadow in my crease.
Do you have a favourite clothing brand?
 I love all clothing brands and shops - I think that definitely comes with being an extreme shopaholic. I guess my all time favourite shop is H&M because I know I can always find something to buy. I also like Topshop (for the MOM jeans!) Miss Selfridge (for their pretty summer girly pieces) and online brands such as Missguided, Lavish Alice and Mina UK - you can really find some unique pieces for great prices online, which I love.
Most memorable fashion faux-pas
SO MANY. I remember at school I had these little twist-clips with diamonds on the top - they would twist into your hair and make it look like you had random floating diamonds in your hair, I thought I was cool. I also used to have a denim-phobia and would always wear baggy tracksuit bottoms (sometimes the velvet ones) - it was acceptable in the 90's though, honest.
Do you have a favourite beauty brand?
My favourite higher-end would have to be MAC, I like a random splurge now and then. My favourite drugstore brand is a little more tricky because I love to experiment with new brands, especially when they're more affordable. I'd say Sleek for their blushes and Maybelline for their 24hour lip-colours (they are amazing!)
Three blogs we should be reading?
 My list of blogs is endless, it takes me hours to read through them all. I'd say my current most loved are; Be Frassy (befrassy.com), She Wears Fashion (shewearsfashion.com) and Love Blair (loveblair.com)

BIG thank you to Laura for answering my questions, check out her brilliant blog Tiny Twisst here.
If you are interested in being interviewed for next months Blogger spotlight feature, please email me -kiasimpson@hotmail.com :)

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment