Friday 28 June 2013

So we are well into the festival season with Glastonbury coming up this weekend. I was a the Isle of Wight festival a couple of weekends ago (the Killers/Bastille/Jake Bugg were my favs!) and I had an idea for a blog post whilst roughing it..
For any beauty lover, the thought of spending the weekend in a muddy field without our favourite beauty products is a little daunting. Whilst crouching outside my tent at 7.00am getting my friend to splash water on my face to help me wash it I thought about putting together a capsule list of products that will help other beauty junkies feel & look as good as possible whilst roughing it. These products definitely helped me feel more confident and got me though the festival. Here's my best of fest beauty picks.
Floral Crown- handmade|yellow & blue box t-shirt* Lasula Boutique 
Pur Minerals 3 in 1 Universal Pencil in Cocoa Topaz �14.00*LINK
I like the idea of a multi-purpose pencil. Pur say you can use this on your eyes, lips and brows. I personally wouldn't use this colour on my lips but this is a brilliant eyeliner and stays put ALL day without smudging and you don't need to sharpen it.
LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo �6.50 for 115g LINK
Greasy roots aren't a good look so dry shampoo is a festival must have. I've been using this one from LUSH. It has a refreshing grapefruit and lime scent to it and the powder has oil absorbing properties. I just puff it into my hand and work through my hair. It is a little messier than normal spray dry shampoo's but don't let that put you off it!
No7 Stay Perfect mascara �12.95 LINK
This is the newest mascara from No7, I thought it would be perfect for festi-season as it stays put all day and it really is waterproof. Unlike other mascara's you can only remove this with warm water! This is my current go-to mascara as hayfever keeps making my eyes water like crazy - cue awkward 'No, I'm not crying I promise' response.
Vichy Idealia BB cream �14.00* LINK
I've tried a few bb creams before such as Garnier & MUA but this one has to be my favourite. Firstly, this has SPF 25 which I love! It claims to be a 6-in-1 products by helping to illuminate, hydrate, smooth wrinkles, refine skin texture, reduce dark spots and contains UVA & UVB protection. I can't coment whether it's anti-aging properties really do work but it does help to hydrate my skin and instantly illuminates it. I wear this on it's own, it give a lovely natural dewy finish.
Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray �20.50 for 125ml LINK
I wanted something to give my hair texture all weekend and the best product for that is surf spray. I've tried a few others from Toni & Guy and Charles Worthington but this has to be my favourite. I love that it doesn't leave my hair feeling stiff or sticky. I use it on my mid-lenghts to give me texture & volume for a bed-head look. This is a pricey product but you can purchase a smaller 50ml bottle for �8.50.
Jurlique Essence of Rose roll-on �16.50* LINK
So after a few days of not showering I don't smell great. This is great to take instead of taking perfume. This is a life saver as you can also use it to roll under your nose before going to the loo - enough said. The dinky 11ml roll-on is prefect for popping in your handbag.
Burts Bees Replenshing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil �3.69 LINK
Lip balm is a must have for me. This one from Burts Bees goes on smoothly and has a light pomegranate scent. I also used it around my nose to stop myself from sneezing as my hayfever was really bad & it worked, so glamourous!
Tangle Teezer �9.99 LINK
I think I've expressed my love for tangle teezer enough on here. Best.beauty.invention.ever.
Soltan Moisturising Mini Spray SPF30 �5.49 for 75ml LINK
The sun doesn't normally shine on UK festivals but just incase I bought this little bottle of sunscreen to put in my bag for easy top ups on the go.

Are you off to any festivals this year? I've got the festival bug and want to go to more now! x

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment