Friday 3 August 2012

After months & months of keeping this under wraps, today is the official launch of my new handmade product, Moonie! A few weeks ago I mentioned in a post that I was going to launch my own skincare product, so this is it! Probably not what you were expecting? A Moonie is a natural, un-bleached face cloth made from muslin. It's designed to revolutionise the way women look after the skin. I wanted to make people aware of the benefits using a Moonie has on the environment and of course, their skin. Using a Moonie is a great alternative to a half-hearted swipe of a face wipe and it has so many different uses. I've included some tips below on ways to use a Moonie.Those were just a few ways you could use your Moonie. They can be used as an everyday essential or a weekly treat. 

I just asked on twitter if you had any questions about Moonie, as promised here are my answers!
I decided to invent a Moonie as I wanted to make face cloths cool again. Nowadays, using a face wipe is really popular way to cleanse skin but the truth is it won't look after your skin as good as a Moonie will. I've also noticed recently a change in the sort of make up we buy and how we wear it. Sheer, light coverage foundations and BB creams have taken the market by storm. Some people have ditched foundation completely! I want you to be able to feel confident wearing a lighter base and I believe that all starts with a good skincare routine. Great skin doesn't have to be complicated, that's my inspiration behind Moonie.
Moonie is suitable for ALL skin types, they don't contain any nasty chemicals so wont irritate your skin. However if you have extremely sensitive skin I would recommend using a Moonie just 1-2 a week.
I was in my kitchen, looking for something to eat, as you do! The radio was on in the background and they were discussing how flannels aren't popular any more and how young people in particular never use them. I had a think about it & completely agreed with everything they were saying. I don't use a flannel & none of my friends do either. I kind of associate them with old people! I wanted to make flannels cool again so started brain storming different ideas, experimenting with designs, shapes, materials,names etc. After coming up with the final design I had to work out how to make it, this was the hardest part! I saved up some money & bought an overlocker sewing machine so I could hand make my Moonies. Once I figured out how to produce them I went about sourcing packaging, materials, labels and coming up with the brand name 'Moonie'. It took me a while to come up with my final design. Setting up a business is a lot harder then I ever imagined, but SO exciting! 
Moonie is currently only available to purchase in the UK. However I do have plans to ship international in the future! 
I really wanted to have a 'face' for the brand. So like Rimmel have Kate Moss and L'oreal have Cheryl Cole, I needed my own person! I didn't want it to be myself so I decided to make Neil. He's so cute & I think fit's in nicely with Moonie! 
Neil believes great skin shouldn't be complicated so he is a great ambassador for the product. He has his own twitter account so you can follow what he gets up too- @neilmoonie Or you can even add him as a friend on facebook
I hand make every single Moonie with care and the highest quality materials sourced in the UK. Moonies come in packs of three so you can alternate easily between washes. A pack of 3 Moonies retails for �5.99, that's just �1.99 per Moonie! Currently as a special offer, postage is completely FREE to UK residents! Be quick as this offer wont last forever & i have limited stock!
Kia & Neil x

So what do you think?!
Moonie All Design Rights Reserved Kia Simpson 2012

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment