Tuesday 10 April 2012

You know that moment when you've finally found a foundation that matches you skin colour perfectly and you buy it immediately.Then when you get home you can't wait to try it out - only to find it doesn't match your skin at all. The colour is too dark, you feel disappointed and hide the foundation away in the hope you can at least use it when/if you get a tan this summer. Finding a foundation shade to suit you is hard enough without the added chore of finding one light enough. When i'm scouring the make up aisles in Boots I automatically head for the lightest shades of foundation. I know a lot of people can relate to this; so I wanted to compile the foundations I own which I think will be suitable for paler skintones! 
Light foundation shades swatched and compared. Photographed in order below.


The palest shade I own is this one by GOSHcalled X-ceptional Wear in Porcelain 11. The foundation has a medium coverage, dewy finish and stays on the skin. 
Some brands definitely seem to cater more for paler skintones. I would recommend checking out Collection 2000, GOSH and Revlon. I think MAC, Rimmel and 17 don't have a great diversity of lighter shades.

Embrace the pale look, but if you like a bit of colour opt for a tinted moisturiser for a instant boost. Or some trusty fake tan will do the job nicely, check out my post on fake tan here if your looking for one! 

Hope you have found this helpful, do let me know if you have any questions . What foundation do you recommend for pale skin?
@kiamakemeup                                                                                                                             Bloglovin 
Planning on doing some hair and nail tutorials soon - keep your eyes peeled for those! x

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment