Sunday 17 March 2013

Since my first encounter with make up at 12 it's been an (expensive) obsession ever since. The days of miss sporty and 2true are behind me but i still LOVE highstreet brands. About 95% of my make up collection is drugstore. I own the odd highend foundation/mascara but i just can't justify the ridiculous prices; �36 for a lipstick?! Eerrr no thanks Tom Ford. I've answered the 'I heart highsreet makeup' tag questions below, i forgot how much i love the highstreet!
1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand overall?
It was between Revlon and Rimmel but Revlon just beat them to it. I pretty much love everything I've tried from Revlon. They're always launching interesting new products and are quite affordable and easily available. 
2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?
My favourite face product has to be Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer, if you haven't tried this yet - you need to. For cheeks it's another Collection product, this time it's their Shimmer Shade. It consists of four different shades which you can use separately or swirl them altogether. Lip-wise i'm really loving Kate Moss's collection for Rimmel. Really lovely shades, creamy formulas and affordable prices.
3. Least favourite product?
Hhmm, this is a tricky one. I'm gonna have to say it is the GOSH lip jam which is a lip gloss. Sounds nice but it's so sticky it's unwearable!
4. What is the best makeup bargain?
I really like the Barry M nail polishes which are a bargain! They retail for just �2.99 and come in so many colours.
5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
I don't hear a lot about Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer but it's great. Not to thick, great for dark circles. (after writing this about 5 reviews popped up on my feed!)
6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
The price of most drugstore products seem to of increased lately. When I first bought Revlon Colourstay foundation it was �7.99, it's now gone up to �12.49 :(
7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)
Here's a post for Asda's dupe of Essie Mint Candy Apple. I also have Collection's Illuminating concealer wish is suppose to be a good dupe for YSL Touche Eclat. 
8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
I wasn't very impressed with Revlon's Photoready Airbrush Mousse. It was hard to dispense, felt watery and smelt like vinegar. 

God, I love highstreet make up. There are some exciting products being launched this year from Rimmel, Maybelline and Seventeen - can't wait to share them with you! Do you agree with some of my choices, are you more high street than high end too?

*Hi there Rachel L :)

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment