Thursday 13 March 2014

Mother's Day isn't just about buying a bunch of flowers and a card because you think you have to. It should be about celebrating your mum's life and saying thank you for everything she's done because you want to.They are so many cool, unique presents out there which are really accessible thanks to websites such as Etsy, Not On The Highstreet and Amazon. These are great places to find something a little different from highstreet offerings.

Unusual artwork or meaningful quotes make a really thoughtful present. My mum loves elephants so I know she would appreciate this Vintage Elephant Print (�6.16) which has been printed onto an antique book page. If you're creative why not try making something like this yourself? 

Everyone has a story to tell, we often forget our mums had a life before we came along. This 'Dear Mum Journal' (�13.00) allows your mum to write down her stories and memories which made her the person she is today. She can add illustrations or photographs and when she has completed it, she can hand it back to you to read. I think this is such a lovely idea, I'd like to give one each to everyone in my family! 

Maybe you want your mum to indulge in some me-time this Mother's Day. How gorgeous is this 'Butterfly Bliss Wash Bag'* (�18.00) from Ted Baker? Inside is a full size body wash and lotion, fragranced with the relaxing aroma of bergamot, patchouli and red fruits. Perfect for a pamper evening! 

Another gift designed to make your mum look and feel amazing is this self tan gift set from Lauren's Way. 'Mum's Pamper Night In'* (�20.00) includes a LW body polish, LW medium mousse and LW tan enhancing moisturiser. My mum loves a tan and the LW medium mousse leaves skin with a natural looking tan without looking orange or fake. Be quick - these sets are only on sale until 31st March! 

Photographs always make wonderful presents. I love this 'Gaint Polariod Canvas Print' (�85.00), it's such a unique way to display your favourite photo. You can even add a personalised message underneath. 

Any idea what you'll be getting your Mum for Mother's Day? Hope this has given you some inspiration! My Mum has told me I can only spend �5 on her which is proving to be a challenge! Maybe I'll make something....

0 comments:

Post a Comment