Monday 9 December 2013

Nice bit of alliteration there.
I love getting dressed up for the festive party season but I've been hiding my pasty pins in cosy leggings for the past few months so I have some serious prepping to do. December has come around so quickly, don't worry I have some beauty bits to help you with your pre-party prepping. I went along to my work Christmas party last Saturday and these are the products I turned to for the event...

The first place to start for me if with a good scrub. I like to use Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush Body Scrub to buff away dead skin cells and ready my skin for some fake tan. Follow up with your favourite moisturiser to keep skin hydrated in the colder months. Use a multi-purpose lotion like Steamcream (12.95) to save time, this handy little tin can be used from top to toe. Steamcream uses the best quality raw maetials, diresctly from sustainable sources making it ethical, affordable and ideal for all skin types. As it is Christmas, I'll be reaching for products with added sparkle. Trilogy's Instant Bronzing Gel (17.50) contains subtle hints of shimmer which adds an instant natural glow to skin. The gel dries quickly so perfect if you're in a rush (I only had 40 minutes to get ready for my work party!).

Time to move onto the fun part - makeup. I opted for a classic red lip with a little twist. I blended Rimmel Apocolips in Eclipse around the edges and brushed Natural Collection lipstick in Crimson onto the centre. I posted a tutorial of this berry ombre look here. Don't forget to hydrate your lips before applying lipstick as it helps lipstick stay put longer. Check out Chapstick Lipsations Shimmer �1.99 as they are formulated with fine shimmer particles which offers subtle highlight. As I went for a bold lip I wanted to keep the eyes looking subtle. I followed Lisa Eldrige's latest tutorial which was a 'Old Hollywood Inspired Party Look' created using vintage gold shades on the eyes. To finish off the look I cut LASH false eyelashes �4.19 from Superdrug in half and placed them on the outer corners. Opt for a waterproof mascara incase one too many mulled wines reignites any family/work feuds. The Collection Does It All Mascara is enhanced with a multi-bristle brush and a five way formula which curls, volumises, lengthens, conditions and is long-wearing.

For nails, go with something quick and easy but a bit different. To get perfect nails with minimum fuss try nail wraps. These ones from supermodel Elle Macpherson (�5.99) come in pink, gold and silver and include a nail file. They are super quick and easy to use.

Whether you'll be spending your Christmas parties with friends, family or collegues, I hope this post has given you some beauty inspiration. Here's a photo of me at my Christmas party last week. It ended well. 

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment