Sunday 8 July 2012


Here is a run down of the skincare products i've been using lately. My skin type is normal/combination. I don't have perfect, flawless skin - but that's boring anyway! I have freckles, scars, blemishes..who doesn't? I've included a photograph of myself without foundation so you can get a better idea of my skin type.I'm really happy with all the products i'm using right now, my skin is too!

Skincare routine 
Jason Apricot Scrubble  �5.29
Jason is a brand i've recently discovered via other beauty blogs. I'm intrigued by natural beauty products & i think it's something i would like to own more of. This natural soap-free face scrub is quite a harsh scrub, which i like as it feels like it's exfoliating my skin. Another thing i like about this is that it  foams, this helps to remove make up and leaves my skin feeling clean.
Antipodes Juliet Skin-Brightening Cleanser*
I have been using this cleanser since April as i think skincare products need to be used for at least 6 weeks to see the results. Antipodes is a brand of natural skincare products from New Zealand. This contains kiwi fruit for it's exfoliating properties and manuka honey for it's antibacterial properties. I apply a 1p sized blob onto my face and massage it in for about 30 seconds. When i rinse it off my skin feels clean and doesn't feel tight or uncomfortable. I love this but i'm not sure i would say it brightens my skin tone. Also, this is quite pricey - �24.99 for 200ml!
Dr.Organic Virgin Olive Oil face mask �5.99
I included this in my skincare routine post over a year ago & still love this. It's my go to face mask! I feel like it does a great job at unclogging pores and leaves my skin looking clear.
Anatomicals Hottie Tottie is Never Spotty Easy Peasy No Squeezy Roll on �3.99
I use this roll on to help fight any spots ! I do tend to get the odd one around my hair line so this comes in handy.
Boots Botanic Soothing Eye Make up Remover �3.99
I bought this because it's an oil based make up remover & i thought it would be gentle around my eyes. I use this after cleansing my face, if there's any eye make up still there i'll dip a cotton bud in the remover & take it off. I love this!
Avene Skin Recovery Cream �12.50
This is my current go to moisturiser. It's really light, doesn't irritate my skin and sinks in quickly. The only thing is i wish it contained SPF!

Launching my own skincare product!
Well, well, well i have some BIG news for you. If you do tend to get over excited about anything beauty related - you are about to wet yourself with excitement! Over the past few months, I've been designing my own skincare product. I've sourced the materials, funded and handmade it myself. I decided to make my own product after listening to a radio show, if i say what they were discussing it would give it away! But I'm SO excited to launch it at the end of the month. I can't reveal what exactly the product is yet but i can tell you it's called MOONIE. I tweeted a picture of the logo here. The product is called MOONIE because of it's shape & the little man underneath the logo is Neil - he's the 'face' of the brand. You can follow Neil on twitter here, he post's lots of interesting things & you'll be the first to find out what the skincare product i'm launching is! Also, you can actually 'add' Neil as a friend on facebook (here) where he'll be posting exclusive pictures and things he gets up too! Fear not if you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account; I'll keep you update on my blog. Also, a few people have asked me to email them directly the latest news and gossip, if you'd like to get in on that leave your email address in the comments or simply email me: kiasimpson@hotmail.com. Phew, now the ramblings over please let me know if you have any questions like how much it's going to cost, what skin type it's suitable for, how many are available...etc. It's been hard work making the product & it's still not 100% finished but I can't wait to share it with you! It will be available to purchase on a online shop i'am currently setting up :) x

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment