Tuesday 26 February 2013

This doesn't sound great, but i love foundation. Now you've probably got an image of my with a full face of make up a la Jodie Marsh. It's not like that, promise! The effortless no make up look is my favourite and I love the way the right foundation can completely transform the way you look. Make up applied so skilfully that it looks like your wearing nothing - that's genius. So when i hear Revlon are launching a new foundation called Nearly Naked, naturally i'm intrigued. I've been testing out this foundation all week so lets get down to beauty business.

I opted for the shade 'Shell' which is one of the lighter colours with a yellow undertone. Revlon have ten different shades in this collection so hopefully something to suit most skintones.


I do like the look of this product, i always prefer when foundations come in glass bottles. The only thing that really niggles me about the packaging is the fact there is no pump, what are you playing at Revlon? It's always a challenge in the morning to pour out the exact amount on the back of my hand & things can get messy.

On my first application i used my fingers so i could feel how it went on. It has a very thin, almost gel texture which melts into the skin and blends nicely. The coverage is light-medium. It doesn't cover spots or dark circles so I think this foundation will be best for those good skin days. The finish looks very natural, once applied it looks dewy but soon dries to a semi-matte finish. I have normal/combination skin and i didn't need to use a powder to set it. Below i've compared the shade with my Revlon Colourstay. Both shades are very similar but i would say 'Buff' is slightly lighter than 'Shell'. Both are very good matches for us pale ladies.
Overall, I like this foundation but I'm going to save it for the summer months when i want a lighter coverage. This will be great for people who don't like the feeling of wearing foundation or want to achieve a natural look. I actually prefer Nearly Naked to other foundations i have been trying lately like Maybelliene Fit Me and L'oreal Lumi Magique. For now i'm sticking with Colourstay but i think Revlon have created another great foundation.

Revlon Nearly Naked retails for �8.99 and is available for Boots and Superdrug.

What are your thoughts on Nearly Naked, let me know if you have any questions! :) x

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment