Sunday 1 May 2011

Racheyem: Beauty. Fashion.Other.










Fashion & Beauty Blogger, youtuber, t-shirt designer - is there anything Rach can't do? I caught up with the 21 year old student from Scotland to discuss her love for Primark, becoming a writer and the inspiration behind her own range of t-shirts...

What inspired you to start designing and selling t-shirts? 
After seeing a lot of slogan tees around in the shops i wanted to make one for myself that had a slogan or picture that i really wanted rather than some of the slightly naff ones that you can find. Then i just decided to sell them to my readers through my blog and youtube. I had no idea they were going to be so popular!

BEATLES TEE RACHEYEM 2
The lovely Heather from effiesmakeupbox & Becka from Just like Jasper are fans of Rachelle's t-shirts.




Do you have a favourite shop?
Thumbnail
As everyone probably knows i'm absolutely obsessed with Primark but it would probably be a toss up between there and H&M for favourite shop. Even though they've totally stepped up their game Primark can be so hit and miss but then i find h&m is producing really brilliant exciting things at the moment.

What would be your ideal career?
The dream would be to write fiction but i see that as sitting alongside having a dream to be an actor or singer and maybe even harder. I'd also LOVE to be a free lance writer or an immersive journalist like Cherry Healey and Dawn Porter. I love how you get to see a bit of their personality as they explore a subject and think it would be an AMAZING job. However, back in the real world where i'm about to graduate i'm concentrating on getting into PR based work. It's a scary world!

Do you have any beauty products you regret buying?
Yes totally! I recently bought a NARS cream blush online and i absolutely hate it, the colour pay off is terrible and it just leaves glitter all over my face. It's a real shame because NARS is a line that really excites me. I was also absolutely gutted at how disappointing revlon photo ready foundation was. I thought i'd done a lot of in depth research but when i got it home i hated it. I really think you should be able to get samples of drug store brand foundations like you can with high end. Even though you're not spending quite as much �10-�15 isn't exactly an amount you just want to throw away if you don't like it! Make up can be a tricky thing!

What's the best thing about blogging?
I don't know if i could choose a 'best thing.' I love the whole community and how you can find advice and tips on absolutely anything and there's always someone who'll have an answer to your question however bizarre it is and then you get to chat to everyone and get feed back from other people about things. On the other hand though i personally really enjoy just putting my blog together and typing away about all manner of nonsense. It's somewhat therapeutic! 

Could you recommend your top three favourite bloggers?
That's a seriously difficult one but off the top of my head and in no particular order...

Milkteef: http://www.milkteef.com  Emma's blog appeals to me because it's really simplistic and straight forward. You know exactly what you're going to get- wish lists and outfits with a really simple but professional layout. She also has very similar taste to me so it's great to spy on her purchases- i usually lust after what she's been buying!


I heart vintage: http://www.iheartvintagex.com I love Kavita's vintage on trend style and she's insanely gorgeous and sweet too!

Aha Shake Heartbreaker: http://www.ahashakeheartbreaker.com Vicky's blog is another vintage inspired blog. Her outfits are always absolutely perfect right down to her stacked necklaces. The blog is also original in that it has a more 'serious' post every sunday tackling a specific subject topic. I love that Vicky show cases her writing abilities among pictures of what she's wearing! Vicky is also a frequent updater which is always god when you're as blog obessed as me!

own a Racheyem t-shirt

Big thank you to Rach for taking part! 
If you are interested in being interviewed just leave a comment below & i will get back to you :)


Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment